WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN:
Membership benefits include:
- Access to Chicago-area press screenings and online/DVD screeners
- The opportunity to vote on our annual CIFCC Awards
- Participation in programming/hosting any CIFCC-led film events
- Press accreditation opportunities at other local film festivals
- Having links to your work posted on the CIFCC website and through our social-media accounts
- Access to special-event screenings
- Access to special workshops
MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Residency within the Chicagoland area, specifically Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane, DeKalb, Kendall, Grundy, Will, and Kankakee counties in Illinois, Kenosha country in southeastern Wisconsin, and Lake, Porter, Newton, and Jasper counties in northwest Indiana.
- EXPERIENCE: Body of work that spans a minimum of two full years.
- WRITING APPLICANTS: Must have a minimum of 50 published film reviews of 400 words or more in length.
- AUDIO APPLICANTS: Must have a minimum of 50 shows/podcasts of at least 15 minutes in length reviewing a minimum of 50 films in year.
- VIDEO APPLICANTS: 50 videos of at least 5-minute length reviewing a total of 50 films a year.
- APPLICANTS OF MULTIPLE PLATFORMS: Must show a combination of contributions that still total a minimum of 50 fully reviewed films in a year.
- FOR ALL APPLICANTS: As per a part of our mission, 15% of your total reviews need to be from independent, foreign language, or documentary sources.
- FOR ALL APPLICANTS: Review quality, professionalism, quality of outlet, audience reach, candidate statement, and other personal traits will also be taken into consideration and reviewed by our review board.
If you are not a full-time film critic, but are considered a leading influence or contributor within the medium of film criticism, please consider applying as an Affiliate Member of the CIFCC. Please use the following link for that separate application:
- Completed online form.
- Notification of receipt of Membership Application form and anticipated timetable for decision.
- Formal review of application and applicant’s work by the CIFCC Directors.
- Follow-up communication period to request further information, answer inquiries, or discuss a timetable for a decision.
- Personal communication of final decision. We stand by the guarantee that you will hear from us personally with either acceptance or denial.
- If approved to join, annual membership dues are $50, payable by check or PayPal.